committee election details
Election, Composition and Membership of Committee<br />
A selection of Australian Professional Coaches were elected to the roles of President, Vice President and Executive Committee at the inaugural Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 25 July, 2018. The Executive Committee represents the following coaching cohorts.
- Hyundai A-League coaches,
- Westfield W-League coaches,
- National team coaches,
- Female coaches,
- Australian coaches based overseas,
- Licensed Assistant/Goalkeeping/High Performance/Fitness/Sport Science coaches,
- HAL Academy Coaches,
- National Premier League (professional) coaches,
- Community Coaches,
- Futsal, Pararoos, Deaf Football Australia.
As per Clauses 17 & 18 of the FCA Constitution:
Following the passing of resolutions at the FCA Special General Meeting to be held on 23 July 2019 the FCA Annual General Meeting will be held on 9 August 2019.
The timeline for the FCA SGM and FCA AGM including nominations and election of Executive committee is attached below.
FCA Special General Meeting & Annual General Meeting
2.1 Clause 17
(1) The committee is to consist of:
(a) the office-bearers of the association, and
(b) at least 5 ordinary committee members, each of whom is to be elected at the Annual General Meeting of the association under clause 15*.
(2) The total number of committee members is to be minimum of 7.
(3) Committee members must be aged 18 years or more.
(4) At least 3 committee members (1 of which shall be the President) must be ordinarily resident in Australia.
(5) A minimum of 3 committee members must be women.
(6) The office-bearers of the association are as follows:
(a) the President,
(b) the Vice-President.
(6) A committee member may hold only 1 office.
(7) There is no maximum number of consecutive terms for which a committee member may hold office.
(8) Each member of the committee is, subject to this constitution, to hold office until immediately before the election of committee members at the Annual General Meeting next following the date of the member’s election, and is eligible for re-election.
2.2 Clause 18 Election of committee members
(1) Nominations of candidates for election as office-bearers of the association or as ordinary committee members:
(a) must be made in writing, signed by 2 members of the association and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of the nomination), and
(b) must be delivered to the secretary of the association at least 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the Annual General Meeting at which the election is to take place.